Here are 10 random things that definitely make me...well me!
(I also use too many exclamation marks...one period is never enough...and also enjoy run on sentences...you've been warned!)
1. From Virginia but I live in Los Angeles, California...this SoCal sunshine has me hooked!
I love to VISIT the snow...not shovel it.
2. I am in the Navy...graduated from the United States Naval Academy with a BS in Chemistry.
So, I was walking my dog just around my place in LA and a little girl with her Mom, almost a half block away, shouted "Oooooh Mommy look! Is she in the military?!" First thing that came to mind was, "Goodness gracious it's 6am why are you awake?" Taken aback, I actually looked around to make sure she was even referring to me, as if women in uniform pop up by the dozen around here. Then the thought then came "Why, yes, yes I am!" Very proud of my military service...plus I don't have to worry about what to wear to work everyday.
3. Moved to Los Angeles to pursue acting...one of the best decisions of my life.
Attended the American Academy of Dramatic Arts and currently taking classes at the Lesly Kahn Studio.
4. I have a little French Bulldog named Rambo...and he certainly thinks he's Rambo too.
Not sure why, but he doesn't like to give "kisses" but instead he will breathe you in, as if taking in your soul, then subsequently unable to handle the responsibility of holding on to it then sneezes it back out in your face...so just to prepare you for the onslaught on love in the form of goobers.
5. I am a marathon runner.
9 marathons and 8 half-marathons...I LOVE RUNNING. There might be something wrong with me for the fact I am looking forward to something that will inevitably cause me pain LOL.
6. I'm seriously addicted to iced Americanos...venti...daily...sometimes multiple times daily
7. And on the talk of beverages...Diet Coke runs through my veins...I know, I know...don't judge me!
8. I lived in Keflavik, Iceland for 2 years when my Dad was stationed there (yes, the Navy runs in the family).
As a teenager, I of course cried for a month, leaving all my friends behind, starting high school not only in a new city but a new country...did I mention the over dramatic teenage part?! But it turned out to be one of the best experiences of my life...the Northern Lights, the Blue Lagoon, gysers, waterfalls, Icelandic horses, the crazy weather...and all the amazing wonderful people I shared it with.
...Iceland is one of my top 3 favorite places in the world I have seen, tied between Goa, India, and Portsmouth, England.
9. I only wear black nail polish on my toes.
Why? It was just a thing I did when I first joined the Navy. We are only allowed neutral and pale pink nail polish on our hands so I went for the complete opposite extreme for my toes...like my own little secret rebellion LOL. I started this such a long time ago and now I'm just too stubborn to change.
10. Speaking of too stubborn to change, strawberry ice cream has been my favorite for as long as I can remember.
Sure, I'll give other flavors a shot, but nothing beats a classic, right?!